Modern Rifle and Pistol Ranges
We now have 2 ranges open which offer a safe place to enjoy shooting your firearm and hone your marksmanship skills.
The two ranges, a Pistol Only range and a Combination range are treated as independent ranges When you sign in you will be asked to choose which range you wish to shoot on.
At busy periods we restrict range to 2 hours – if you wish to shot both ranges you will incur 2 charges but you will be able ot shoot for 2 hours on each range.
What’s the Difference?
Pistol Only Range
The Pistol Only range as the name suggests is for handguns 45 caliber and smaller (magnum loads are allowed).
No rifle cartridges or large handgun cartridges greater than 45 caliber are allowed.
No 223, 5.7x28mm, 454 Casull, 460 or 50 caliber allowed.
No black powder.
We allow standing only
There are 11 lanes with target stands at 10 yds and 50ft (approx. 17 yds)
The Combination range is for pistols and rifles
All handguns up to 50 caliber are allowed
Magnum loads are allowed
Black powder is allowed**
Shotguns are allowed but you must shoot slugs (no shot allowed)
The 29 lanes have target stands at 25, 50, and 100 yds at each station
We only allow firing from a sitting position on this range
**If you intend to shoot black powder please make this aware to the RSOs on duty so we can give additional warning time of upcoming Cease Fires.
We pride ourselves on a safe, friendly place to shoot for the whole family.
Younger shooters require a parent or legal guardian to shoot depending on their age and firearm. *See bottom of page for more details.
Additionally = please note:
- .50 BMG, armor piercing, incendiary, or tracer ammunition are not permitted
- Paper targets only – No exploding targets are permitted
- Effective June 1, 2017: Only bullseye type targets will be allowed on the LPRGC Rifle and Pistol Ranges.
- Silhouette, zombie, Darkotic, animal, cartoon figures, pictures etc. will not be allowed.
We Have A Wide Variety of Firearms Training Available!
The gun club offers a variety of classes for the marksman, hunter, and casual shooter alike. NRA classes provide an opportunity for shooters to learn the key elements of shooting and safe gun handling.
Classes include Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, and Personal Protection. NRA-certified instructors teach these classes with concern for your success and safety.
State-certified instructors offer Hunter Education classes throughout the year in both traditional and internet-based home-study formats.
Additional information about these training programs can be found at the range offices and the NRA Courses / Hunter Education section of this web site.
Rifle / Pistol Range Hours:
|Tuesday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Wednesday||5 PM to Dark|
|Thursday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Friday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Sat / Sun||10 AM to 5 PM|
* Note – The last shooting session of the day will end 15 minutes before closing time.
Holiday Schedule 2017
|Date||Hours of Operation|
|Wednesday Nov 22||10 – 3|
|Thursday Nov 23 – Thanksgiving||CLOSED|
|December 24||10 -3|
|Monday Dec 25 – Christmas Day||CLOSED|
|Sunday December 31||10 – 3|
|Monday January 1 2018||CLOSED|
Range Fees for Rifle/Pistol range shooting are:
- $18 for non-members
- $7 for members
- $10 for ages 13 – 17
- $5 for ages 6 – 12
This fee covers the use of the range for a two-hour period.
Ten-shoot cards are $60 for members. This is a substantial savings over non-member rates.
If this will be your first time coming to our range, you will be asked to fill out a Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Firearm Use form at the range office prior to using of our ranges. To save you time, the Waiver Release Form is available here so you may download and fill it out before coming to LPRGC.
Please bring the completed form to either the Rifle or Trap range office.
Please NOTE: Waiver forms filled out for a minor MUST be signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian ONLY.
Rifle/Pistol Range Shooting Rules
for Adults with Minors
Livermore Pleasanton Rod and Gun Club has adopted the following age requirements and rules.
- All shooters and Adult supervision must pay associated fees regardless of whether you are shooting or not.
- One shooting bench will be assigned to one Adult with minor or minors.
- Minors under 6 years of age are not allowed on range.
- All Minors will be under direct supervision of a parent, grandparent or guardian the entire time that the Minor is using a firearm. Minors are not allowed to roam the Range area without Adult supervision (no exceptions will be allowed).
Age for use of firearms (no exceptions will be allowed).
- 6 to 8 Years of Age – BB Rifle or Airsoft Only
- 8 to 10 Years of Age – Rimfire Rifle Only (17hmr or 22)
- 11 to 12 Years of Age – Rimfire or Centerfire Rifle
- 13 to 17 Years of Age – Rifles or Handguns (see Note 1)
- 18 and older – No Restrictions
Note 1: Minor and Adult must be on same shooting station. One Adult can supervise no more than two shooting stations. Adults with Minors are responsible for the actions of the minors on the range. Minors that are handling firearms unsupervised will be asked, along with the Adult to leave the range, no refund will be given.