Modern Rifle and Pistol Ranges
We now have 2 ranges open which offer a safe place to enjoy shooting your firearm and hone your marksmanship skills.
The two ranges, a Pistol Only range and a Combination range are treated as independent ranges When you sign in you will be asked to choose which range you wish to shoot on.
At busy periods we restrict range to 2 hours – if you wish to shoot both ranges you will incur 2 charges but you will be able to shoot for 2 hours on each range.
What’s the Difference?
Pistol Only Range
No handgun cartridges larger than 45 caliber or more energy than 44 magnums maybe used.
The following are not allowed: 445 Super Mag, 454 Casull, 460 S&W, 480 Ruger, 475 Linebaugh, 50 AE, 500 Linebaugh, 500 Wyoming, 500S&W or 5.7x28 FN.
Only cartridges specifically designed for handguns may be used. No rifles are allowed on the Pistol Range except for air rifles and Airsoft Rifles.
Black powder pistols are allowed.**
You may only shoot in the standing position.
There are 11 lanes with target stands at 7 yards, 10 yards and 50 feet.
The Combination range is for pistols and rifles.
All handguns up to 50 caliber are allowed.
Magnum loads are allowed.
Black powder is allowed.**
Shotguns are allowed but you must shoot slugs (buckshot or bird shot is not allowed).
The 29 lanes have target stands at 25, 50, and 100 yards at each station.
We only allow firing from a sitting position.
**If you intend to shoot black powder please make this aware to the RSOs on duty so we can give additional warning time of upcoming Cease Fires.
We pride ourselves on a safe, friendly place to shoot for the whole family.
Younger shooters require a parent or legal guardian to shoot depending on their age and firearm. *See bottom of page for more details.
Additionally = please note:
- .50 BMG, armor piercing, incendiary, or tracer ammunition are not permitted
- Paper targets only – No exploding targets are permitted
- Only bullseye type targets will be allowed on the LPRGC Rifle and Pistol Ranges.
- Silhouette, zombie, Darkotic, animal, cartoon figures, pictures etc. will not be allowed.
We Have A Wide Variety of Firearms Training Available!
The gun club offers a variety of classes for the marksman, hunter, and casual shooter alike. NRA classes provide an opportunity for shooters to learn the key elements of shooting and safe gun handling.
Classes include Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, and Personal Protection. NRA-certified instructors teach these classes with concern for your success and safety.
State-certified instructors offer Hunter Education classes throughout the year in both traditional and internet-based home-study formats.
Additional information about these training programs can be found at the range offices and the NRA Courses / Hunter Education section of this web site.
Rifle / Pistol Range Hours:
The cashier’s window will open 30 minutes before the start times listed below, allowing you to check-in, so we can start shooting on-time.
The last shooting session is approximately 45 minutes before the end time listed below with shooting stopping about 15 minutes before the end time.
|Tuesday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Wednesday||Pistol: 5 PM to 9 PM (with exterior lights)
Rifle: 5 PM to Dark (no exterior lights)
|Thursday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Friday||10 AM to 5 PM|
|Sat / Sun||10 AM to 5 PM|
Holiday Schedule 2017
|Date||Hours of Operation|
|Wednesday Nov 22||CLOSED|
|Thursday Nov 23 – Thanksgiving||CLOSED|
|December 24||10 -3|
|Monday Dec 25 – Christmas Day||CLOSED|
|Sunday December 31||10 – 3|
|Monday January 1 2018||CLOSED|
Range Fees for Rifle/Pistol range shooting are:
- $18 for non-members
- $7 for members
- $10 for ages 13 – 17
- $5 for ages 6 – 12
This fee covers the use of the range for a two-hour period.
If this will be your first time coming to our range, you will be asked to fill out a Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Firearm Use form at the range office prior to using of our ranges. To save you time, the Waiver Release Form is available online so you can fill it out before coming to LPRGC.
Please bring the completed form to either the Rifle or Trap range office.
Please NOTE: Waiver forms filled out for a minor MUST be signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian ONLY.
Rifle/Pistol Range Shooting Rules
for Adults with Minors
Livermore Pleasanton Rod and Gun Club has adopted the following age requirements and rules.
- All shooters must pay associated fees..
- One shooting bench will be assigned to one Adult with minor or minors.
- Minors under 6 years of age are not allowed on range.
- All Minors will be under direct supervision of a blood relative or guardian the entire time that the Minor is using a firearm. Minors are not allowed to roam the Range area without Adult supervision (no exceptions will be allowed). The parent/guardian must complete the Youth Firearm Permission Slip and Release of Liability form (available cashier’s window) prior to shooting. A copy of BOTH the parent/guardian AND the blood relative driver’s license must be attached to this form.
Age for use of firearms (no exceptions other than what is stated below).
- 6 to 7 Years of Age – BB Rifle or Airsoft Only
- 8 to 10 Years of Age – Rimfire Rifle Only (17hmr or 22)
- 11 to 12 Years of Age – Rifles only
- 13 to 17 Years of Age – Rifles or Handguns (see Note 1)
- 18 to 20 Years of Age – Any Rifle (no restriction) or Handgun when accompanied by a shooter 21 years or older (exception made for active military)
- 21 Years of Age or older – Any Rifle or Handgun
Note 1: Minor and Adult must be on same shooting station. Adults with Minors are responsible for the actions of the minors on the range. Minors that are handling firearms unsupervised will be asked, along with the Adult to leave the range, no refund will be given.