You are invited to the 66th Annual Golden West Grand trap shoot
As president of the Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club, I wish to invite you to the 66th Annual Golden West Grand shoot.
We are proud to once again host this prestigious shoot for the fourth time in California.
I would like to thank everyone that has worked long hours to make this shoot come together this year. Our Board of Directors, Trap Committee, ATA Delegate Dan Bonillas, and club members and volunteers who have spent many hours preparing to make our fourth shoot our best yet.
Most of all, a special thanks to all the shoot sponsors for their gracious donations who continue to help this shoot become a success.
We look forward to seeing you and hope you enjoy the tournament. Good luck shooters!
Jim Wyllie, President
The Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club is proud to host the 2017 Golden West Grand. Canterbury voice release and Pat-Traps will be used on 12 fields. White Flyer orange dome targets will be thrown.
- ATA and CGSTA daily fees will be collected on first event entered each day.
- Targets may be cross-registered with the PITA. Shooters wishing to do so must have annual dues current, shoot their longest yardage and are subject to fees of both associations. Shooters must declare their intention to cross-register at time of classification. There will be no changes once cashiered.
- The trap range will be open on Tuesday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for practice.
- The Squadding Office opens at 8:30 a.m., Wednesday, May 10th through Sunday, May 14th. Practice traps open at 9:30 a.m. each day with the first event starting at 10:00 a.m. daily.
- Pre-squadding will be available.
- RV parking will be available at $20 per night for full hookups, and dry camping for $10 per night. Contact BJ Kim at the club trap office (925) 449-8780 for reservations.
- Keep all guns open and unloaded when not on firing line.
- Anyone creating a disturbance or disrupting the harmony of the shoot will be disqualified and asked to leave the grounds.
- Keep all dogs leashed and away from the trap fields.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served each day.
- Ammunition will be available for purchase at the General Store.
Call Jack to pre-order, (925) 329-9342.
- LPRG may change all or any part of this program without notice.
- Shoot Director: Jim McCullough (209) 832-3504.
- Before entering the competition, every person agrees to accept all official decisions and to abide by ATA and LPRG rules. Members are strongly encouraged to know the ATA rules for their own benefit and for the benefit of other shooters.
- No shooter shall be allowed to make up more than 50 targets on the practice traps if he/she has missed his/her squad. If you are unable to join your squad before the squad leader fires his/her first shot of the third sub event, you must re-squad. All make-ups, either for missed squads or gun repairs, must report to the practice trap area within 30 minutes of the last squad taking the line for the current event.
- It is the responsibility of special category shooters (Veteran, Sr. Veteran, Lady, Junior, Sub Junior) to see that they are correctly classified prior to cashiering.
- Information needed to award trophies, added money and to make reports to the ATA will be taken from entry forms—be sure all information on your entry form is correct.
- Each shooter who is entitled to receive money won during any event agrees that if such money is not received by him/her at the shoot, then a check will be mailed using the address on record. LPRG will not be responsible in any way for checks lost, stolen, unclaimed, undelivered or otherwise not received by the shooter.
- All trophy monies in the program will be divided, no shoot offs.
- All trophies must be picked up. No trophies will be mailed.
- There will be no trophy buy-backs.
- No shooter shall win more than one trophy per event.
- Reloads that meet the ATA specifications will be permitted at this shoot.
- Please follow all safety rules. Failure to follow safety rules may result in disqualification.
- Targets will be adjusted by shoot management only.
- Open 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (Wednesday-Sunday)
- Shooters wishing to cross-register targets shall have average card up to date and annual membership dues current in PITA.
- Daily fees apply at $3.00 PITA, and $.02 per target CSTA fee.
- Squadding will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Target fees are $35.00 per 100 targets, plus ATA and CGSTA daily fees. Juniors and Sub Juniors may shoot for $25.00 per 100 provided they do not play any options or purses (full target prices will apply if options are played).
- No counter or second party checks will be accepted by the cashier.
- Checks in the amount of fees only will be accepted.
- All entry fees must be paid in U.S. funds.
- All entries for targets are final when cashiered.
- If an emergency or illness arises, please request a refund from the cashier prior to leaving the shoot.
- Additions or changes on purses and options will only be accepted prior to the beginning of the current event.
- Shooters are encouraged to check each event’s payout sheets before the start of the next day’s events.
- Each event payouts will become final at the conclusion of the shoot.
For more information including:
- CLASSIFICATION AND HANDICAPPING
- PRE-SQUADDING PROCEDURE
- Day by Day Agenda
- Local Hotels
- Local Restaurants
- and more
please download the FULL GWG PROGRAM